Te Komiti Nui o Ngāti Whakaue
Who is Te Komiti Nui o Ngāti Whakaue?
Established in 2009, Te Komiti Nui o Ngāti Whakaue is the entity mandated to negotiate the comprehensive Ngāti Whakaue Treaty Settlement.
To settle the extant historical claims of Ngāti Whakaue with the Crown.
- To manage and be responsible for all matters related to the Settlement
- To file a Deed of Mandate with the Crown confirming the mandate of Te Komiti Nui to act on behalf of Ngāti Whakaue (as it related to the Settlement)
- To coordinate a register of Ngāti Whakaue by working with other entities who hold details of Ngāti Whakaue members
- To identify, analyse and recommend to Ngāti Whakaue options for post settlement governance and administration (in terms of assets)
- To look into how Ngāti Whakaue can be better coordinated in terms of working together with Whakaue entities and whānui
- To hold shares in and on behalf of Ngāti Whakaue and to appoint two directors to the Central North Island Iwi Holdings Limited to look after Ngāti Whakaue interests