Interesting Documents related to Ngāti Whakaue
Kia ora whānau, these are just some of the documents we have found in the course of creating this website, if you have additional documents you would like to add, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Ngā mihi nui!
- Fenton’s Agreement, 1890, Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4
- Letter of greetings from the Runanga of Ngati Whakaaue in Maketu but written from Ahuriri, 1863
- The City of Rotorua and its Meaning for the People of Ngati Whakaue, 1976, Professor Ngahuia Te Awekotuku
- Ngati Whakaue Leads the way with a 100 year Rotorua Eastern Blocks Structure Plan, 2010, Jason Rogers, Ngati Whakaue Tribal Lands Board Member
- Muri iho ka whawhai ai tātou: Reading Te Rangikāheke, Masters Thesis, Arini Loader, 2008
This thesis seeks to forge new pathways into in the study of Wiremu Maihi Te Rangikaheke and his writing, and that these new pathways will clear some much needed space in which a deeper analysis of Te Rangikaheke’s writing can be articulated. Furthermore, beyond its focus on a single writer, this thesis extends the scholarship on nineteenth century Māori writing, Māori historical studies, and Māori intellectual history and in this way speaks to a contemporary Indigenous intellectual agenda.