Photo L-R: Tamara Mutu, Kingi Biddle, Hamuera Mitchell, Pauline Tangohau, Te Poari Newton, Ray Pou Poasa, Te Kiriwhero Mitchell, Veronica Butterworth, Hokimatemai Kahukiwa (absent: Maria Horne)
In October 2015 elections were held for Trustee elections. The Returning Officer was Shontelle Bishara of Glenn Hawkins and Associates.
Results of Election of Trustees
The results of the elections held during October are as follows:
Two (2) representatives for Ngapuna and the eastern and south eastern interests of Ngāti Whakaue
- Veronica Butterworth (re-elected)
- Ray Pou Poasa (re-elected)
- Larissa Wharepouri (re-elected)
- John Newton (new appointment)
- Kingi Biddle (re-elected)
- Hokimatemai Kahukiwa (re-elected)
- Hamuera Mitchell (re-elected)
- Te Kiriwhero Mitchell (re-elected)
- Tamara Mutu (new appointment)
- Pauline Tangohau (re-elected)
Since the AGM Te Komiti Nui received resignation from Larissa Wharepouri as the Trustee Representative for Maketu and TKN Negotiator, and resignation from Paul Tapsell as Negotiator due to changes in their personal circumstances. Te Komiti Nui thank them for their contributions thus far and wish them well on their endeavours ahead.
As per the Trust Deed TKN are able to elect an interim Trustee, and sought nomination by Ngati Whakaue ki Maketu of a delegate who would represent them on the Board. Maria Horne was endorsed at a hui held on the 28 February 2016 and TKN appointed Maria Horne as the Maketu Representative on the Board on 9 March 2016. We welcome the wealth of knowledge Maria brings with her.